Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 18, 2012

Back to the Future

I had entered the transfer season in June with one transfer assured: that of young Mexican superstar P. Sanchez. Virota refused contract extensions and left my team, along with many players. Datonholm's loan deal ran out and he returned to his club, refusing my offer. All these transfers put me in a bad situation: I had a squad of merely 17 players, and had no subs in for my midfield. I brought in Tolcatoryn on a loan deal and tried for another midfield, but he was proposing an outrageous transfer fee and salary.

Following from last season, I honestly felt this was the year I was going to get myself promoted. Entering my third season in this ML, I had some money leftover, but one of the highest rated squads in the league, with an 84 rated RMF Marek Artesia and a midfield composed of high 70 rated players. Due to my newfound grasp of Professional level, I kicked off the season with a win. The matches that followed, however, proved to be ties, and this knocked me down the ladder.

Things began to change in October, when I began winning more consistently. At this time, though, I had a fixture pileup in which I had Intls, followed by 4 games in 2 weeks. My players became exhausted, and Giersen received a season ending injury, while Maqualao was out of action until the start of 2014. Despite setbacks, I climbed the ladder and finished off my first half of the season in 3rd place, behind Norwich City and FSV Sarmtonburg. There is still, however, half a season left, so promotion is not yet assured. Also, the title is perfectly within reach, so I might pull off a championship this year around. Sadly, I was knocked out of the first round of the FA Cup by Wolverhampton on PKs.

Entering the winter transfer, Heldon was on a run of superb form, being my team's top scorer. This resulted in an influx of transfer requests. I turned down all the offers, but Heldon was unhappy and refused my contract renewal. De Kaam, my star defender, also turned down my offer and is watched by several clubs. I was trying to convert Ruskin into a right back, due to Giersen's injury, but thought a nice RB would be useful. I put in offers for my old player Virota and young talent Opare, but both refused. Moving on, I checked out the newest regens. Extraordinarily, I found Del Piero at the top, with a rating of 82 at 16. I didn't skip a beat and put in an offer. Despite the extravagant transfer fee (1,107,000 when my funds are at 2,736,000) and salary (739,000 or 100,000 more than his value), I knew that if he refused my offer, I would lose him. I accepted and added the classy Del Piero to Penta City. Due to a debt of 2,789,000, I didn't pursue any more players and instead settled for this one.

On Del Piero's debut game, he scored my opening goal in a 2-0 victory over Nitsalkosis, off a brilliant pass by Marek Artesia. However, he was incredible in the following game, netting a hat trick on his second game with Penta City in a 3-0 victory over current leaders FSV Sarmtonburg. This victory pushed me to second place and Norwich has a lead of merely one point, while my goal difference is greater. The title has never looked this close.

No comments:

Post a Comment