Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Cycling Through 2009


It has been sometime I posted here because I was busy, but I managed to run up some games on my PES 2009. After a terrible kickoff to the season (3-0 against Porto), I tied my fellow promotee Zenit St. Petersburg and began a short streak of losses in the league for me. I held my own in the cup, winning the first leg 1-0 and sealing the second one 2-2 thanks to a double by Martins, my star striker's first couple of goals in the new season. Encouraged, I snatched two victories against top table teams Liverpool and Manchester United. This raised me out of the last place in the league. Against both these big teams, I decided to settle into a new pattern of attacking: my wing-counter attack style. I use some possession back in my own half, but due to all my players being weaker than my opponent's, I send the ball up the wing to Martins and Griffiths, who then cut in and shoot. This strategy works wonders, as shown by my two victories.

In the next few games, Martins regained his form and scored a couple of late winners or equalizers. These settled my team in a mid table position, between 12th and 9th positions. I faced and defeated Lyon, who was in the top three, along with fellow mid tablers Celtic and Sporting in close, tight games. However, my tie in the cup with Sporting began a streak of bad form.I failed against AEK Athens in a goalless game, which I dominated possession, but, like Barcelona, failed to convert my myriad of oppurtunities. A couple of 1-0 losses against minor teams such as Sunderland and Feyenoord sent me skidding down the ladder.

As of now, I am in 16th position. However, the difference between my position and 8th spot is a mere 3 points. This is turning out to be a much better season than I forecasted back at the beginning when I had that loss to Porto. At this point, however, Liverpool has built up a huge lead over me, standing at 17 points. A fight for a European spot will be tough this time around, so I need to make these midseason negotiations count.

However, I will probably put this ML on hold due to me beginning my first ever Master League on PES 2012. In my next post I will introduce my team, and officially put PES 2009 in a limbo. I will try to push in some playing time before that, but do not count on it. I will return to this one when I am bored with PES 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment